[OMC] How can i set the shell for "open iTerm here"?

OnMyCommand discussion omc at abracode.com
Sun Jul 2 16:02:34 EDT 2006

Unfortunately tcsh is hardcoded in OMC because iTerm enforces the choice of
shell (cannot use default shell like you can in Terminal.app). This was
hardcoded back in OS 10.2 I believe when tcsh was still the default shell
for Termonal.app. OMC sends AppleEvents to iTerm that are equivalent to the
following script:

tell application "iTerm"
    activate
    set theTerm to make new terminal
    tell theTerm
        set theSession to make new session at the end of sessions
        tell theSession to exec command "/bin/tcsh"
    end tell
end tell

The choice of shell can be added to OMC but not for the forthcoming 1.7.2
release. The workaround would be to execute bash as a fist command in new
session (put in command description). Alternatively I can hard code bash for
you and send you a private build. I don't want to change the default shell
for general release because it may break things for other people.

Hope it helps,
Tom
Abracode