[OMC] Re: default value in text input dialog

OMC at abracode.com OMC at abracode.com
Wed Jul 13 00:43:48 PDT 2005

Michael,

Let's move it to the mailing list instead of exchanging e-mails
privately. Knut and other people might be interested in this.
I think that what you try to do it complicated and unique enough to
justify usage of custom nib dialog. And I have a feeling that the use
of objects in popup menu or combo box menu is really limited: like
listing available special OMC objects or choosing from several
predefined path variations. But you can easily achieve something like
this by assigning unique numbers or names to popup menu values and
then check in script which action to perform (using objects or not).
Support for objects in default text in input dialog was requested by
other people and I think it is reasonable if you want to use some
combination of selected filename with suffix for a default text in
dialog.

Comments welcome,
Tom
Abracode