[OMC] Objects in Input Dialog (Was OMC Digest, Vol 1, Issue 2)

OMC at abracode.com OMC at abracode.com
Sat Jul 9 14:04:44 PDT 2005

Well, I would like to encourage the usage of nib dialogs for all more
advanced commands - you can do it by initializing nib dialog with
subcommand. But I realize it may be much more convenient just to make
a quick command using INPUT_DIALOG provided by OMC itself. Also, I
realize there is not much documentation about custom nib dialogs in
OMC at this moment.
In short: it is on my to-do list but it will require a cooperation
from Knut to accept array of strings or a single string for default
text field string. Both forms would be allowed.

The example of current form is:
<key>INPUT_DIALOG</key>
<dict>
     <key>DEFAULT</key>
     <string>Some Init Text</string>
</dict>

The example of new form would be:
<key>INPUT_DIALOG</key>
<dict>
     <key>DEFAULT</key>
     <array>
         <string>__OBJ_NAME_NO_EXTENSION__</string>
         <string>.txt</string>
     </array>
</dict>

Both forms should be allowed if we want to provide backwards
compatibility.
Tom